The idea is to achieve optimal health through a natural diet – a ‘biologically appropriate raw food diet’ (BARF) means the dog eats what his/her body needs, in a form they can easily absorb. Raw food is ‘living food’, rich in vitamins & minerals that are easily digestible. When food is cooked, the structure of proteins is altered, vitamins are broken down and much nutritional value is lost.
Many wonderful good news stories were reported to us over the years, of pets overcoming problems through this change of diet from kibble to raw. Ailments including dry itchy skin, food allergies, stomach problems, obesity, diabetes, constipation, anal sac problems, urinary tract disease, and so on, have been eliminated or improved through a change in diet only.
Here are some benefits of feeding your pets raw food
- Optimum energy levels (no more hyperactive behaviour!)
- Strengthened immune system
- Healthy skin & coat
- Strong teeth & clean breath
- Balanced weight & natural weight-loss where needed
- Enhanced digestion & nutrient absorption
- Decrease in stools volume and odour!